Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another Reason why Tom DiNapoli will be the next State Comptroller

GOP Love For DiNapoli Elizabeth Benjamin Capitol Confidential

The amazing part about all of this...it is all true...every last word of it...Tom is the real deal...I have known Tom for many years....what you see..is what you get....andy

Assemblyman Thomas DiNapoli, a Nassau County Democrat who is the first state comptroller candidate being interviewed this morning, is getting a lot of love this morning from his fellow Long Islanders across the aisle.
Sen. Kennth LaValle, a Suffolk County Republican, praised DiNapoli from the dais, saying he has been “fair, focused and gotten results” during his 20-year legislative career.
“I need to say for the people who are listening,” LaValle continued. “You are the real deal and I’m sure you will use your talents to do things for the people of this great state.”
Senators Dean Skelos and Kemp Hannon, both Nassau Coutny Republicans, were equally glowing in his praise for DiNapoli, I’m told.
All this GOP love led Sen. Liz Krueger, a Manhattan Democrat, to quip:
“In the spirit of bipartisanship, I will not hold it against you that you are apparently the Republican Party’s candidate here today,” she said.
DiNapoli replied that he had been “conceived by two Republicans” and thus might have “a certain biological affinity that I cannot account for” with members of the opposing party.
To which Krueger replied:
“I was conceived by one, but I’m trying to overcome it.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?